Take your career up a gear by joining us at Team Japspeed
Are you looking to kick-start your career in 2019?
Are you a team leader with hands-on manufacturing / fabrication experience?
This could be the best career move you ever make. This role is your opportunity to join an established, successful pioneer in the aftermarket automotive industry in a position where you can put your own stamp on things and make a noticeable difference to our production operation.
Your background as a team leader alongside hands-on technical expertise will be your primary tools as you spend your days planning, managing and optimising workshop activities in order to safely design and develop our expanding product catalogue. You will have a minimum of 2 years experience making exhaust systems to excel in this role.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure the safety of all workshop departmental personnel as well as general house-keeping of the shop floor
- Monitor and maintain quality and efficiency of production output
- Assign and manage tasks and performance requirements of all workshop personnel
- Supervise a small team on a daily basis to achieve company goals
- Ensure that team members are following established work instructions and quality standards that are in line with the company policy
- Liaise with other company departments including procurement and senior management to maximise efficiency and movement of products from prototype and sample stages through to stocking the product for sale
- Keeps track of production activities – ensures supply of raw materials, components and other products for production; checks operational status; ensures production processes are carried out; ensures workplace safety and proper management of waste and residual materials
- Act as a technical resource
- Maintain accurate records and performance documentation
- Monitor and advise senior management when training may be required to ensure a multi-skilled workforce
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in engineering production/fabrication/sheet metalwork related roles
- Strong technical knowledge including welding and machining
- Able to read technical diagrams
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- An eye for details and a can-do attitude
- Understanding of health and safety requirements
- Efficient and organised administrator
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Confident decision maker; working in a fast-paced environment
- A confident, capable team leader with management experience
- Motivational skills
- An ability to manage change and influence a team to meet established goals
- An ability to manage priorities, meet tight deadlines and ensure follow-up
- Mechanical background working on cars a distinct advantage
- Solidworks or similar CAD software experience an advantage
Now is your chance to join one of the fastest growing companies in our industry.
Make no mistake; we are going places in 2019 – our current level of expansion is breath-taking and we’d love you to join us at this very exciting time.
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30-5:30
To apply please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org